Can the raspberry Pi be used in an office environment?
The question was posed this weekend could the raspberry pi be used in an office environment ?
The answer I discovered is it could as long as you know exactly what you are asking of the raspberry pi see below a raspberry pi being used to access windows 7.
With the help of the following project Raspberry Pi Thin Client project you can convert your raspberry pi to a thin client system and run citrix receiver or VMWareView Client to access your company’s software.
The software can be downloaded from here – RPi-TC Download
Advantages of deploying the raspberry pi to the IT estate of a company could included
- The Raspberry pi can be purchased for as low as £35 each (included the cost of Pi, Sd Card, HDMI converter, Pi case), drastically lowering deployment costs when compared to a PC environment
- Require lower ongoing expenditures and administrative costs
- Raspberry pi also use anywhere from 3,5 watts of power, compared to 150 watts for a normal PC
- Security benefits there is no company data is on the raspberry pi
- Save on desk space the raspberry pi can be mounted to the TFT
The VESA mount from Solarbotics for the can be purchased from here – http://www.solarbotics.com/product/60103/